|Ready to eat the salad at Arta's!|
This is my new favourite salad. I usually don't like raw cauliflower, but I just can't stop eating this.
Here's to the summer of 2017! May it be overflowing with celebrations of the heart, body, and soul.
If I were at lake this summer, I would make this salad and share it with my extended family with gratitude in my heart for that precious piece of land that I love so much.
Cauliflower “Couscous” Celebratory Salad
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 3 cups leafy greens (spinach, romaine, kale, etc)
- 1 red pepper, finely diced
- Toasted almonds (or other nuts) – optional but super yummy and adds protein
- Add about half of the cut cauliflower florets to the bowl of a food processor, and process for a few seconds until the cauliflower is finely processed, and resembles couscous; turn that out into a bowl, and repeat with the remaining cauliflower florets.
- Toss cauliflower couscous, greens, pepper and best basil dressing (below). Top with nuts if desired.
**you could add any finely diced veggies you have in your fridge. They key ingredients are the dressing and the cauliflower.
Best Basil Dressing
- 2 cups (about 1/4 pound) tightly packed fresh basil leaves, tightly packed
- 1 lemon – juice and zest
- 1 clove garlic
- ¾ cup oil (olive or canola)
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Combine basil, lemon, and garlic in a food processor or blender. Puree mixture until smooth.
- With motor running, slowly add the salad oil to form an emulsion.
- Add sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. If not serving immediately, store in an airtight jar or container in the refrigerator.