Sunday, October 3, 2010

A Sailor Moon Weep

I picked Zoe up for bowling but she had just a few minutes left on her Sailor Moon programme to watch.

By the end of the show she had tears streaming down her cheeks.

"What is wrong," I asked. "Don't you want to go to bowling."

"I can't believe she died," Zoe said.

I assumed the character in the video was now deceased.

"Give me the phone," said Wyona to whom I was talking when noticing the tears and to Zoe she said, "You can't watch that show if it is going to make you sad."

When Zoe got off the phone she was mad!

Oh no, I thought. How is our afternoon going to go, but Wyona had prompted me, saying, "She probably needs something to eat."

Wyona was right. On the way to bowling I looked at the apple in her hand and all that was left was the little wooden stem she was holding between 2 fingers and a few pieces of the cellophane that were encapsulating the seed.

We had already gone through how mad she was at Wyona and Greg. He must be included now, either by vitue of retirement or by virtue of association with Wyona.

"Wyona and Greg are always bossing me around," she said, still weeping.

Well, I don't want to be in that "always bossing me around" category, so I was offering her everything to stop the tears which continued to stream down her face on the ride all the way up fourteenth street and down 64th Avenue.

"Look. You have to quit thinking about something that was only a video, and if you do, we shall stop for ice-cream on the way home."

That stopped the tears.

And the only remaining fly in the ointment was that she had forgotten to take her bowling card with her, but her supervisor wrote down her scores, so I thought the day could be termed well done by us.

We picked up Kelvin from watching October Conference and offered him either a ride home or a trip to the Dairy Queen with us.

He choose the later.

Now I don't want to say anything bad about myself in this post, but I honestly confess that I don't know the difference between the Dairy Queen and MacDonalds, obviously, because we were at the MacDonald's counter, ordering, when I figured out I had come to the wrong fast food joint. The way I could tell is that when I ordered a large sundae with two toppings, hot fudge and cherry, the clerk told me that they don't sell that cherry flavour.

I was so disgusted with myself that I told Zoe, go ahead. Order whatever you want. I could feel myself laughing when she said 10 chicken McNuggest, fries and a medium drink. I should have known she hasn't picked up the Pilling penchant for ice-cream over all other choices. I should have ordered for her.

I have got to work on driving to the right food outlet -- at least if I want hot fudge and cherry on a sundae.

Perhaps a few more outings would help.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.