Thursday, April 9, 2020

Jane Erye, National Theatre, Reprise

Window on the world:
Jane Eyre (Madeleine Worrall) longs to escape
I am pretty sure you are out there watching Jane Eyre, or going to, Rebecca.

How was it the second time.

I found it just as fresh as though I were seeing it for the first time.

So much to think about, in terms of class, yet, but also about the human soul.

It is playing all week for those who haven't seen it yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mO0CXV0zEAQ

My guess is that I will watch it at least twice more.

Here is a review at theartsdesk.com

Arta

2 comments:

  1. the music on stage is just amazing. The first 10 minutes leave me gasping. such a powerful performance

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. I got down a box of Kleenex because I thought I might cry, even though I have seen it before. I didn't need the Kleenex.
    2. I did make a mental note to breathe deep, breathe deep when I felt I wasn't breathing at all.
    3. Sometimes I tried to outguess Jane's answer. But no, she did it all and more.
    4. My sewer's eye was on the costuming. I think I could replicate some of the costuming
    5. One reviewer said that there was a lag in the second half, not the fault of the company, just a lag that often occurs in the second act. Well, thank goodness for the lag so that my heart didn't have to be beating so hard.
    6. I want a dog like Rochester's.
    7. Today I have watched 3 hours of the 5 hours of Parsifal, Jesus Christ, Super Star and the Gunoud's Romeo and Juliet. I barely had time to get in my exercises. I am saving Jane Eyre to watch again tomorrow. And maybe a little Super Star again, while it is the Easter season.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.