Tuesday, January 3, 2012

My New Year's Resolution

We had a small party on New Year's Eve. Potluck food. Potluck BYOB. Find some friends to come who aren't already invited to someone else's party, since we didn't start organizing until late in the afternoon. There were no party favours. No paper hats. No toasts to the new year. No Auld Lang Synge. Yes to lots of food, guitar music and laughter.

The last person from our party left after 3 a.m. and the first of our household who had gone to other parties, arrived home at 4 a.m.

What I wanted to do was to make some resolutions.

This wasn't an off-the-cuff idea. I had been thinking about it for two or three days.

I could only come up with one idea. Try to follow through on all of the plans I made for the new year, previous to the turning of the last page of the calendar: walk every day, take some trips (to London, to the Mediterranean, to the Canary Islands), enjoy the summer at the Shuswap and make it to the Salmon Arm Roots and Blues Festival with as many of my grandchildren as possible.

My fun for the year began at the Carter-Johnson blog today. Now there was a holiday to remember. Put one son in bed and try to entertain the other.

Happy New Year to all.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.