Monday, February 15, 2010

Tonia's Trip Down the Nile

Dear Family,

I am in Egypt and so far I have seen the pyramids, mephis, sakkara, citadel, cairo, aswan, khan market, boat ride down the nile, nubian villiage, sailing down the nile in a falukah with Captain Azu, Egyptian Museum with Tutankhamoun Golden King find of a full Egyptian burial site, unfinished obilisque, high dam, off to a sound and light show tonight and will start a three day cruise down the nile this evening. It is a mixture of the classic sites. In the markets we are a target for being sold things, people yelling at us, telling us we are beautiful and so far I have had two men tell me they wanted to marry me.

I am never coming home and will live here forever.

Your former Canadian daughter / sister / cousin / neice / aunt

Tonia

3 comments:

  1. how did you end up in Egypt?! I am jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just thinking that you should not be teaching elementary school anymore.
    The social studies department needs you at the high school level Tonia.
    Report cards would sure be a lot easier in the high schools.
    The teenagers would love you too!

    You have learned so much this year on your field trip leave.
    Hope you are having soooo much fun!
    Love Moiya

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw a singles tour and decided to cut my travels short if I went (due to money). I want to go to every continent at least once before I die and here was a chance to go to Africa! I had to say 'yes!'

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.