Monday, June 21, 2010

Richard Pilling - a Generous Uncle

From Matthew Wood

The big memory I have of Richard is how he used to give us his syringes after he used them so that we could use them to shoot water at each other.

Looking back, that was probably not the most sanitary thing for us to do, especially considering the fact that I used to drink that water from the syringe as well.

I also thought that he must have been pretty tough to draw blood from his own finger on a daily basis.

I also remember looking forward to going to his house as a kid because he would always provide us with a handful of double bubble gum right before we left.

Although the gum wasn't particularly good, I used to collect the comics that we'd receive from the gum wrappers.

The last time I saw him was when we visited him while he was renting an apartment in Kalispell, Montana. He was very generous to loan us his truck for the day so we could go skiing at a nearby resort.

Matthew Wood

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.