Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Fondly remembered traditions

From Bonnie Wyora:

I made some cookies on Monday.

David was thrilled.

Actually, he was thrilled with the smell in the house.

His first guess?

Brownies!

I used chocolate chips that had too high of a sugar content, so any of them touch the pan burned. Next time I will stick with the semi-sweet chips.

David didn't do any complaining though, and might have eaten a dozen before I finished cooking the last batch.

I told him when he said how great the house smelled, that the smell of something warm and delicious cooking in the oven when I walked in the door from school, was one of my favorite childhood memories.

He asked if I might make it a tradition, that every Monday that I have off work, that he and I bake together or I alone bake something delicious for him to eat.

Of course my answer was yes, because what more is a tradition than something that someone remembers fondly and believes it happened more than once.

Bonnie

1 comment:

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.