Thursday, January 2, 2014

Lunch with the Johnson's - Part II

... the one armed nutcracker...
nothing like a glue gun to fix that ... once I find the arm
Richard came over and brought along with him Michael and Alice. I like to have them visit.

Early in the season I showed Michael how to work the nutcrackers.

At first he was afraid to put his finger in the mouth of the nutcracker.

He still is afraid, but at least he has the courage to work their mouths up and down.

... just high enough for Michael to get a handle on ...
Michael likes to slip downstairs when he first comes into the house, to see if his grandfather has any candy close by his chair.

 Since no one was downstairs, Michael began to transfer candy from one bowl to another, getting the larger bowl topped right up.

I guess he used the knife to dig deeper into the butter..
Yes, there is a child you can't take your eyes off of.
Michael has a penchant for butter.

Just forget the buns.

When Richard came back upstairs from checking on Michael.

Richard  said, “You have a slab of butter downstairs that has a v sliced out of it."

 "Michael has had his fill of oils for the day. "

"I found him squatted on top of the table having a mini-feast. Guess I can’t let him out of my sight.”

... Richard teaches Michael how to turn a buck into a doe ...
I only did mimimal decorating this year.

I guess that means I only brought up 4 of the boxes of Xmas decorations instead of the 20 I have.

The acrylic deer with the magnetic horns have a classic look.  And they can be turned into a play toy.  I would  rather have Michael playing with a creche set, but the only ones I have out are class.  Guess I will just have to go shopping for next year.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.