Monday, January 20, 2014

New Years Day at Chisholm


Genera: Chen
Two beautiful white swans swimming on the lake.

However, Glen informed me that they were white geese.

They were still graceful beautiful birds swimming in freezing water.

New Year's day we had pasta for all.

Kalina has been taught to eat pasta by Charise and Audra had salad before she dug into the pasta.
Theresa spent a couple of hours playing by and in the sink. Audra and Kalina joined in on the fun.
After playing in the sink for a few hours a girl becomes thirsty so by all means, feed her with a spoon Lurene.
A girl just needs some water running, a few tools and it is a marvellous way to bring in the new year.

5 comments:

  1. I love seeing photos of cousin parties. Indeed, no better way to bring in the new year,

    is that our lake with the geese? i will have to go down tomorrow to do some bird watching,

    ReplyDelete
  2. A big wow to all of the fun in this post. Bonnie's comment that she wanted to go do some birdwatching at the lake drove me out to google so that I could learn something about white geese specifically and about geese in general. For example, I didn't have a name for what to call that V-formation that I see in the sky when geese fly by. But now I do. I have been watching the sky lately. There have been flocks of geese flying north already. At least above the Calgary skies. I feel like calling out to them, "Hey, you are too early. The worst of winter isn't even over yet." But I know they can't hear. Anyway, here is my googled info:

    "The term goose applies to the female in particular while gander applies to the male in particular. Young birds before fledging are called goslings. The collective noun for group of geese on the ground is a gaggle; when in flight, they are called a skein, a team or a wedge; when flying close together, they are called a plump."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wyona,

    Thanks for reminding me that sink is a powerful play tool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Now I have to commit all that goose/geese/gaggle/skein/wedge/plump stuff all to memory.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is quite sad. Glen has changed his mind and thinks these are trumpeter swans. All of my good research about white geese was in vain.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.