Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Bayadere - hopefully

... picture from Event's website ...
Cineplex
I haven't figured out if the Bolshoi is shown in Victoria, B.C.

Victoria is where I am right now.

Here is the synopsis from the Cineplex web site about this showing:
The temple dancer Nikiya and the warrior Solor fall deeply in love, igniting heated passions  and  murderous  intrigues  when  the  Rajah  and  his  daughter  Gamzatti  discover their forbidden love. La Bayadère is one of the greatest works in classical ballet  history  –  a  story  of  love,  death  and  vengeful  judgment,  set  in  India.   Dazzling sets and costumes, with one of the most iconic scenes in ballet, the “Kingdom of the Shades,” illuminate the tragic tale of the temple dancer Nikiya’s doomed love for the warrior Solor, and their ultimate redemption. A must-see theatrical event.
I am still learning to like ballet.  Nice to have something like this for me to watch.  Today I reminded my kids that they are all middle-aged.  The flip side is that them being middle aged puts me somewhere into old age.  But not so old that I am not fullying enjoying my life anymore.

Looking forward to Saturday and the ballet.

Arta

PS.  I know nothing about ballet.  My only education is that I go to these shows, read something about them beforehand and then try to find something to enjoy.  I am a bit worried.  I read up on Bayadere in Wiki and what is happening is that the ballet is becoming far more interesting than I had thought.  I also watched a utube of "The Kingdom of the Shades".  The more I learn, the more interesting it became.  I think I said that before.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.