Friday, January 14, 2011

My Patio View

I never dreamed that I would be able to step outside of my bedroom onto a patio and look south to see the sea.

The patio doors doubled as a place to hang out clothes.The glass patio doors heated the room I was in during the day.

By night they gave me a beautiful view of the sky because a lamp outside always gave light to the evening, long after the sun had gone down.

Some mornings I was lucky enough to be outside just at that moment between the night and the day.

Well, the time was more than a moment.

But not much more than five minutes in which the sky would go from dark to a blaze of colour.

The street lamps are still on. I was always looking for a name to the tree outside of the balcony, the one that was still hanging onto its clumps of seeds. The only tree Joaquim and I finally got correctly named was the Mediterranean Pine tree -- thus the name of the next town, Pineda.


I didn't know that the colour of the sky would change so quickly.

Almost as if between blinks, there would be a new tone to the pink in the sky

I can only imagine what it must have been like for Wyona and Greg to have watched this from a boat.

The colour of the sky against the apartment buildings to the south of me, was what made me want to catch the colour of the sky against the blue of the sea.

The morning is breaking with a beautiful pink that colours the blue of the sky.
I had to figure out what time of day to make it down to the water, so that I didn't miss this stunning time of day that passed so quickly in the morning.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.