Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Happy New Year from Moiya

New Orleans
We are back from New Orleans and didn't know that we booked in there at the beginning of the Sugar Bowl. When we went down to see the French Quarter, we just drove around forever because we couldn't get a parkinhg place anywhere. There were people and horses and buggies everywhere. It probably would have been too much walking for the two little girls but they really wanted to stop and have a look around.

I took some pictures from the car.

We went to take a look at the Katrina devestation. Many homes are still boarded up.I would like to go back again someday and we got our first look at New Orleans.

I've got a really sore throat and dry nose  My Dad would just tell me to stop talking and give my throat a rest.  I can even hear him saying it to me. 

Happy New Year to all,

Moiya

4 comments:

  1. Hi Moiya,

    When you said the phrase that might have come from Doral to you, I could hear him saying it as well. What a treat the silence used to be to my own children when I had laryngitis.

    By the time I got my voice back, my kids were ready to hear me again for when they asked questions like where are my socks, I was unable to give them good answers. They had to look for the socks themselves. Sucks to have been them.

    Arta

    ReplyDelete
  2. New Orleans is a place on my list to visit. I want to hear the music on the streets, mix and mingle with strangers, and enjoy some good Southern comfort food. Can I tag along with you and David when you go next?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to come along as well, even if the parking places are hard to find. I am willing to walk a long way to have fun.

    I am going to start my training soon ... training to push myself away from the table sooner, and to do more walking in preparation for this trip.

    Arta

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.