Thursday, June 6, 2024

Things I am looking forward to

 Axel, Naomi and I fly into Kelowna on June 23. The countdown is on and I think every day about the things I am looking forward to doing while I am at the most beautiful place in the world.  Xavier and Colby will meet us there at sometime during our stay.  

Xavier said something to me along the lines of, "I am so looking forward to being at the lake. I know it won't fix all the hard things in my life, but I sort of feel like it will.  If I can just get out there, everything will be better."

He captured my own feelings perfectly.

Just a few of the things....

  • laying down in the grass, looking up at the trees and sky, hearing hearing the stream beside me
  • walking on the path through the forest to the West of the property and feeling grateful for my extended family who maintain this path
  • moss
  • more moss
  • thimble berries
  • climbing over the big beach log to get to the beach and then into the water
  • clearing the water in front of beach of milfoil weeds -- grabbing what I can't reach and pull out with my hands with my feel/toes -- piling it onto  the paddle board and taking it back to shore
  • cherries
  • family
  • more family
  • family everywhere I turn
  • flower, bees, birds
  • ice cream
  • visiting
  • more visiting
  • sitting on the deck at night looking at the lake
  • sitting on the deck in the morning looking at the lake

to be continued

1 comment:

  1. yep.... that list is similar to my list! lol to our watermilfoil harvesting!

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.