Sunday, March 3, 2019

Double Decker Buses 50 / 60 / 70 / 72


... $$.00 ...
... or $2.50 per bus ride if purchased separately ...
For $5 a person can ride the bus all day in Victoria.

I can’t think of a better deal than that.

After my acupuncture session I got on the first bus that came by. The driver asked me, “Do you want to go downtown?” He was on his way to Oak Bay and he must get many passengers on his bus who don’t really want to go that way.

I said I am a tourist and I just want to take some lovely drives around Victoria.

“Alright,” he said, “get on.”

I sat by the exit and a few stops later, a woman who was getting off the bus and standing in the exit well smiled at me, leaned over the partition between us and said, I heard you with the bus driver. If you want a good ride, catch the #50 and then the #60 and go up to Souke.” I took her at her word and decided that I would take those buses next.

The bus driver must have heard her for as I was getting off the bus, the driver said to me, the best drive is the number 70. You can see those other places anytime, but the small village of Sidney and Schwartz Bay are the best.

I don't look like I am having fun.
But this is me, really having fun.

I wonder when the outside affect
will show the internal joy.
Apparently the answer is ... not in this picture!
I made another change of plans after he dropped me off, giving me the usual kind of instructions that are hard for me to follow: go to the second light, turn right at the Starbucks sign and wait for the bus there.

A Starbuck just does not jump out at me.

I must have just missed the #70 bus.

The next one wasn’t due for 1 hour so I walked up and down the street, not even thinking that I should just go in the Indigo store and linger over new books for an hour.

That is why I got in 27,000 steps today – a number I haven’t recorded before now.

The ride was wonderful. I took it for 1 ½ loops, when the next driver said to me, "Why are you on the 70. The driver who just left said you are a tourist There is another bus you should take. The #72 that dips in and out of the coves or pick the #73, equally as beautiful."

He was right.

 Another beautiful drive. And a lovely day for me on the double decker buses of Victoria.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.