Wednesday, March 13, 2019

My Favourite Smell at the Shuswap

... a walk along the Grandfathers' Path ...

Question:

Glen: I was just out in my hot tub and I was thinking about how nice it is here. 

One of the senses that we over look is our smell. 

What is your favorite smell at Shuswap? 

Your kids or pets should participate.


Answers:


Richard Johnson:  i love inside the lot 4/5 cabins. I eat that smell up. 


Matthew Wood: I love the smell of the trees.


Moiya Wood: I just love the aroma that the blossoms give off of our plum tree in the Springtime.  Wish more of you were here to experience this. I am also going to add he smell of wood burning”; the smell of the smoke coming out of the chimney and the smell of the bon fires - when they are allowed on the beach.


Meighan Johnson: I love the smell of cinnamon buns


Arta Johnson: I love the cool smell of the shadows at Shady Beach.

Janet Pilling: I like the smell of turned soil in the garden – basically the earth – the bush – the ferns – I can’t describe it.

Jeremy Pilling: I always liked the aroma of the track. The railroad ties, the heat off the rocks - anticipation of beach time.

Wyona Bates: My favourite smell is twinberry.

Landon Hicks: I like the smell of Grandpa’s steak on the BBQ.

Piper Hicks: I love smelling the flowers.

Wyona Bates: I love the evening air, a bright full moon in the night sky and all the stars in the sky.

Autumn Wood: I love the pine trees, the fresh smell after rain, fresh strawberries and Belgian waffles.

Dan Wood: I love sun tan lotion and watermelon.

Marina Wood: I love fresh baked bread at the beach and what Conner said arriving in the wee hours of the morning getting out of your car after a long drive, looking up to the beautiful starry sky and taking in a Huge inhale of the fresh amazing smell!!!

Gabe Teleaven: My favourite smell is Arta’s garage and Wyona’s loft.

Zack Treleaven: My favourire smell is the outside smell when it rains.

Audra Treleaven: I love the smell of the cherries.

Art Treleaven: My favourite smell is the exhaust of a trolling motorMarcia Bates: Mine is waffles and seconded by large buckets of D Dutchman Dairy ice cream. Summer is too far away.

Connor Pilling: I like the first giant inhale after getting out of the car from a long road trip to the lake. It is always puts me into "lake mode" and brings forth a rush of nostalgic memories from years of fun, family, and adventure. That first inhale is always fresh, moist, and full of the right mixture of trace particles that can only be found in Annis Bay (a homogeneous mixture to be exact -- studying chemistry with my grade 6's right now). I can't wait for my next inhale of Annis Bay air!

Penny (dog at the Carter-Johnson house, since dogs are allowed to speak up, as defined by the originator of this post): The dog is looking forward to smelling everything,

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.