Monday, March 18, 2019

Turtle Slippers

... the turtle comes swimming toward me ...
Rebecca receives a number of projects to mark from her Business Associations Class.

 Some of the projects have come in the form of a meal – with the breakfast tray included.

Right now Rebecca has a pair of beaded slippers that were done by Chelsea Boucher.

Of course, the slippers also come with a paper describing the why of how this object is an engagement with the book, Take Back the Economy.

And this pair of slippers was one of the projects that Lurinda Fraser choose to curate in the IdeaFest show that was held last week.

All of that being said, now that the exhibition was over, and the slippers returned to Chelsea, she then gave them to her Rebecca as a gift.

... the water flows behind ...
Now Rebecca and I had a discussion about these over breakfast one morning, me bringing them right to the table and saying.

I would have been studying the craft of the slippers, not really thinking about the paper “These should go back to Chelsea, or to her mother – far too precious to be worn,” I thought.

Rebecca arranged for the slippers to go back to Chelsea who brought her mother to see the slippers and to sit in on tonight’s Inuit Law and Film class.

The second mom to come to class.

I love that part.

Chelsea Boucher, Tracy Boucher, Arta Johnson

... selfie before Law 343: Inuit Law and Film begins ...
The slippers went to Chelsea’s mom who gifted them back to me.

No cold feet on the floor for me for the rest of the year.

Arta

1 comment:

  1. Heck with that! They fit me perfectly, and are on my feet as I speak (type). They are staying there!

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.