Sunday, October 3, 2021

September at the Lake

An eagle looking for dinner
Steve and Alex have spent September at the lake!

Steve has been texting photos to me while on his morning or evening walks.  

As I have looked at them, I have been reminded that so many of my visual images of the lake are rooted in Summer, with a bit of Spring, and a spattering of Winter.   But Autumn?   I have not got many images of that season.
I thought the rest of you 'summer folk' out there might also want to watch along: different times of day, different angles, different sunrises and sunsets.   I do like imagining myself sitting down on the beach, looking out at these views. [he has also sent me lots of photos of bear scat on the paths, but I have chosen not to share those here!  :-)]

It is like a stacked tower of cloud

I love the hill reflected into the lake

Penny wondering if she should take a dip...

There is so much beach!


The sun being selective in where it sends its rays?

Just a small touch of pink in the distance?

Are those clouds bringing rain?


Steve calls this a "cloud train"


Clear skies whether looking towards the Salmon Arm way...

...or looking towards Sicamous



This is NOT where the sun sets in the summer

5 comments:

  1. Wow. I'll come back to these photos many times. Great job Steve!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, eh? I think I will be cycling these across my computer screensaver!

      Delete
  2. Secwépemc'ulucw calls. Come visit soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. So much beach. Hard for me to wrap my head around. So glad you can see the sky again. Homesick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its amazing to me how each shot/photo of the lake can be so amazingly individual and yet still evoke the exact same indescribable feeling of "home." I am so grateful for these photos when i feel so far away.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.