Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Traditions -- Peter's Drive-In

 OK, so I am just a few months late posting about this August adventure.  But I today I was thinking about traditions and one of my favourite Calgary traditions popped into my mind.  A trip to Peter's.  Usually it's just for a milkshake, but on really special occasions it can include burgers and onion rings.







I have so many great memories of time spent at this table in the joint backyard of 2427 and 2423 26th Ave.

And sadly I have forgotten what flavours everyone picked...  well, when you get to Betty's below, you'll be able to guess her flavour for sure.


Pretty sure I went with Peach.  My standards at Peter's are peach or vanilla.
                                             

I'm thinking Alice's was marshmallow/cotton candy.


I feel like earlier in the summer Aunt Cathy had taken these kids to Peter's and Betty's bubblegum milkshake had no bubble gum in it, which brought much sadness.  This time around -- success! I got out a spoon and a little container so Betty could put the pieces of bubblegum aside for later as she drank her milkshake.

                                                     






And here's Alice showing off the onion rings... my favourte food item from Peter's.














2 comments:

  1. Now posting those sunny pictures on a 25 below degree day here in Calgary is just not right!!

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.