Sunday, October 1, 2023

October 1st, a little play date.

Michael is dropped off a Mattias Tsang's house.  Michael asked for a play date with his new friend at school.  The story comes out that someone in his class has been his lunch eating buddy these first few weeks at school.  Mattias told Michael that he's teach Michael how to finish some levels on some game.  I dropped him off this morning before volleyball so that he could play with Mattias for a few hours.  They live almost outside of the city.  A bit of a drive, but same for them driving Mattias to Branton as well....

A new little friend, made on his own, a bit of a new experience.  The parents, Ben and Jenny, a nice Korean family.  Canadian family I should say, Mattias has a little sister as well.  The parents were lovely when I dropped him off.  

Now, a little updating in reverse order:

School Photo:

I don't get to 'going to school photo' with Michael now that he walks to school.  A few times I've been able to catch him and a take a photo before he leaves.  He's so cute.



Archery:

I've been shooting arrows in the garage for a long time now, as long as two months?  The bow started to go to crap, and I figured out it was because the strings had started to fray and get ready to snap.  These are two photos of the bow.

I went into Cabelas, they repair for free if you'd bought their 'in house brand' bows.  the only negative was that I'd went in, and they'd recommended that I buy a bow string from 'scorpion in manitoba'.  That took two weeks to arrive and when I brought it in for repair they put it on and then said... woops, the other string is now fraying'.  So another two weeks and $60 for the second string.  Then it arrived and I started practicing again.  Then the peep sight came out of the main string.  So back to cabelas for them to stick the peep back in.  I need to get a bow press I suppose.  It's starting to get irritating to run over there and then spend an hour over there waiting for them to 'fix' it.





Haircut:

Michael getting a little hair cut last month.  He never gets his hair cut but I usually require at least the start of school and then again in a few months.  I should start getting him on a two month routine.  He's so adorable when he's all cleaned up.



School Photo:

Morning school photos.  They've become less of a fight.  Everyone knows the routine.  If it's your song day you choose the song for the trip to school.  Then it's also your day to choose if it's a photo in the car, out of the car, only individually, or no photo at all.



Birthday Surprise:

For Michaels birthday I bought about 200 balloons and filled up his room as he was out that evening.  He liked the gesture very much.  The room is still full of half deflated balloons and it's almost two weeks past.  

Alice was almost as excited.  She sat beside me and tried to fill balloons quickly with me.  She could hardly contain telling him all about it as he came in the door.  After he'd been allowed to find the surprise on his own Alice kept brining up how tired her cheeks were and how fun it was to michael.  A fun experience for all. 





School Photo:

A morning that Betty braided her own hair in the morning.  It was adorable with the red died hair.  So I asked her to let me take a few photos of the result before school started.





School Photo:

Another photos on the way to school.




Car Repairs:

The photos of the battery that Miranda put into the car seven years ago.  I've had engine light and gas cap warning lights for about six months.  Recently the rear hatch wouldn't open either.  It's an electrical button to have the trunk pop open.

I changed the battery two hours ago and its now all fixed.  The battery was the only problem.  Sheesh.





1 comment:

  1. Keep sharing these photos. I can't even believe how grown up your kids all look this year. Gack!!

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.