Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Day 4 Greg has lost his passport

We started the day just fine. Greg took a shower and then I took mine. We just had time to go for breakfast. However, when I got out of the shower, the room was upside down. Greg could not find his passport. How could Greg of all people lose his passport. I went down to the breakfast room for a quick breakfast, took the croissants, meat and cheese back to the room. By then Greg had telephoned the embassy and they told him to come right down. Barcelona has the highest rate of passport theft here at the embassy. Greg thinks he may have lost it or it dropped out of his pocket, but who knows. Slick is the word here. We have the cell phones from England here with us so Greg has telephoned me a few times from the police station for information. He called just now and said his new passport should be done by 3 p.m. tomorrow.
I will board the ship without him and just hope that he makes it. I will give him my itinerary before I leave so that he can catch up to me. So maybe we will have time today to use up our Hop On Hop Off passes. We shall see.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the picture...and the text. In this case, a picture is worth one thousand words. For a minute I thought I saw Greg's passport there behind the curtain. But no, I was wrong.

    Thank you for reminding me that holidays are wonderful. Being at home is the same. Wonderful, but a different kind of wonderful. Where, oh where, is the rest that the word retirement stands for?

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.