Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Three Mid-Terms This Week

"I have three mid-terms this week."

That is what Connor said to me this morning as a reply after I said to him, "Sad. Both of us up and have had our showers before 5:45 am. I haven't seen you for a long time. Nice to say hello. I was wondering if you live here, or if you just shower here."

"Oh, I shower at the university, too," he said. "I do it by just splashing water on my face." Then laughing, he went off to make his breakfast ... and study.

Mid-terms aside, life is good here. A chinook has brought strong winds, so strong that the garbage pails roll up and down our alley unless they are pinned down to the ground. The door of Richard's salvage-for-parts-van swings in the wind unless it is duct taped closed. And the clothes on my neighbour's clothes-line flap as though agitated by extra-terrestrial forces.

While the flowers are all gone, still there is green grass and no snow on the ground. A nice long fall.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.