Wednesday, June 8, 2011

"Flat-footed in London" (or... Rebecca hunting for an apartment in London)

Yes, I am flat-footed.... seriously.... in both senses of the words. So here I am in London, with Wyona and Arta (two of the coolest women around), and they are off playing while I spend my days trying to figure out how to find a reasonably priced three-bedroom furnished place in London with garden access and willing to take a dog. Believe it or not, it is not so simple to find a "flat" (or a maisonette or a house) that fits the bill. I have been walking the streets from Chelsea and Fulham, and then further and further up the Northern Line. My flat feet are KILLING me!

So... tonight I put an offer on one... up in North Finchley, near the Woodside Park tube station. I won't know til tomorrow if the owner will go for it. I hope he does, because I am desperate to stop looking. Surely anyone who knows me, knows that I do NOT like to shop... and shopping for a home feels even worse (if such is possible) than shopping for maternity clothes (and my mother and sisters will confirm that even there I needed a support team with me, delivering clothes to the change room and then telling me which ones to buy or leave)

It is a nice place, backing onto "Dollis Brook". it is a little brook that wanders up through Finchley, with a whole bunch of grassy areas and open spaces (like little nature preserves) right beside it....The one behind this particular place is called the "Swan Lake Open Space". Kind of makes you wanna do a few dance moves! Well... if it comes through, it has 4 bedrooms, so those of you who come to visit during the year might not have to sleep on the floor.... unless you are a bad guest and I CHOOSE to make you sleep there! :-) I am crossing my fingers. If I close the deal, maybe there will be time to catch a show with Arta and Wyona before I have to return to Victoria! Since they arrived home yesterday having each purchased another 15 scarves, I am hopeful that any spare time I have with them can be dedicated to another task (you might have thought they each had a sufficient number of scarves, but, apparently NOT!)

As an aside, I was the first one asleep last night. They came back to the hotel from Million Dollar Quartet full of WAY to much energy, with wyona still singing her favourites.... I can fall asleep sitting upright on a bus, so had no problem dropping into sleep with the lights on while the 70 year olds continued to party. Last thing I knew, Wyona was still making Arta practice the Lindy Hop, so they can spend the evenings on next week's cruise to Russia showing their dance moves on the floor (as wyona says, who needs a man to dance with if you can partner with your sister!)

3 comments:

  1. Hello All,
    Wyona hereeeeee: Arta and I maybe only bought 5 scarves each yesterday and maybe a few more today. Today we took in Love Never Dies matinee and Shrek the Musical in the evening. No time to talk because I must go to bed earlier tonight so I will not fall asleep in my two shows tomorrow. Love, Wyona

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again this 7 is sad she is missing the party. I will be coming for a visit even if I have to sleep on the floor. Now, who shall offer to pay for such a visit? ;)
    Keep going to musicals, dancing and having a daddy good time!
    Good luck with the house Rebecca, I hope it comes through!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rebecca, I feel your pain (kinda). I think my feet still have blisters from walking around London last summer. Heaven help the woman who tries to keep up with Arta (Wyona too by the sound of it). I hope the deal pans out!

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.