Sunday, June 19, 2011

Where is Tonia?

Lurene!  Good questions.  Where is everyone?

The usual posters (a.k.a. people who post) are somewhere in Russian I suspect.  As for me, I am bugging people all summer to complete their Census forms (have you filled out yours?), reading for and starting to write my thesis, volunteering at every festival in Winnipeg as it will look good on my resume and save me money as I plan on attending anyway.  Oh yes, I am also now the Vice President External for the Graduate Student Association and the co-Women's Commissioner for the Manitoba Confederation of Students.  I plan on heading to the Shuswap for the first two weeks of August and will see all you Pilling peeps then.  I am really enjoying this festival city; the stats Canada job is interesting and I work with great people; grad school is fantastic even though it is hard work; the GSA work is a huge learning curve but what I need to learn to begin the process of getting out of the front line of work and hopefully eventually moving into management positions.

On another note, remember this?:


As I was driving in Winnipeg I found a local distributer of the pop we used to be treated with as children at all the Shuswap summer birthday parties.  Trying to pick which flavour to have, as we could only have one pop, took a great deal of effort.  Choices like pineapple, green apple, black cherry, root beer, and lemon and lime.  

Remember me?

I had to stop in and see what was happening with this company as I had recently seen bottles of pop in Zellers in Calgary.  The owners said they had been distributors since the 1970's, they has been promised a shipment of pop this spring from the manufacturers, but that shipment never appeared.  Sadly there are empty bottle in the back waiting for the sugary goodness of deliciously syrupy liquids.

Fill me with delightful flavours!
What were the other flavours?  Which were your favourite?  What memories to you have of pick-a-pop and the fun times we had as kids as our parents worked behind the scenes so hard for the purposes of our enjoyment?  Have you had any lately?

Hugs from the busy Peg!  See many of you in August!

2 comments:

  1. My favourite was called "Nehi".... sounded like Nephi... or maybe Lehi... in any event. :-)

    can't remember what colour it was, only the name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny to see that logo again. What a riot that you stopped in to see what they were up to. So glad you will be at the Lake in August. I believe our house will be the official "quiet house" with only Joaquim, David, and me there for the whole summer, Arta there when she is not cruising, and Doral/Anita and kids (Dalton, Ceilidh and Meighan) for two weeks - end of July, beginning of August. As far as we have heard ...

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.