Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Milkshakes and a Dance Show

We haven't been out to see a live show at a theatre since moving back to Gatineau in August.  I saw an add for a street dance show at the National Arts Centre and decided to get tickets for Naomi, Axel and myself -- in part because I think break dancing is amazing, and in part because Naomi's best friend from Lethbridge dances, and one of his favourite styles to dance is break dancing. I decided we should make a whole evening of it and go on a date together for dinner and a show.

So first stop: Elgin Street Diner for milkshakes and poutine.



Everyone need a favourite milkshake place in every town.  While Peter's is the go to in Calgary, in Ottawa it is Elgin Street Diner where they make their shakes by hand, the old fashioned way while hard ice cream and serve it in a metal cup. I know its sacrilege to say this -- but I like Elgin Street Diner milkshares more than Peter's milkshakes.

Axel ordered rassberry and Naomi ordered creamscicle.  I decided to mooch off them since no one is usually able to finish their milkshake. They were both soooooo good.



Next the food: bacon poutine, onion rings and mac and cheese with ceasar salad.  Again, I just mooched off other people's orders.  Poutine is Axel's comfort food.




Then off to the National Arts Centre (NAC) to see "In My Body."  You can read about it here: 

In my body

While trying to get a selfie of myself with the kids before the show, I showed them how cool the ceiling looked in our photo.  

Naomi was the one who reminded me that Miles (also known to her as Uncle Trell) had helped build those triangle ceilings a few years back when they did a massive renovation and expansion of the NAC. It made me so happy that she remebered than and then I had to take a whole bunch more photos.





It was so nice to feel like Miles and Ina were there at the show with us, even though they are actually now an hour away in Cornwall.  I hope to get down there to visit them soon. 


1 comment:

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.