Sunday, January 10, 2010

450 Episodes of "The Simpson"

The Simpsons' 20th Anniversary Special - In 3D! On Ice!

That is the name of the special that airs tonight, celebrating 450 episodes of the Simpsons.

Last night Ceilidh, Meighan and I played Uno -- with Simpson's Uno cards, the deluxe edition, the rules of which are in the girl's heads though the paper copy is no longer in the card box. Dalton passed through the room occasionally to flesh out the rules for us, or to laugh when I had to pickup the discard pile of cards as punishment for not saying Uno fast enough.

On the faces of the cards, I can recognize Homer and Marge, Liza and Maggie ... and Bart, but no one else. So I have been out to Wikipedia today to get some background on other characters.

The girls knew Groundkeeper Willie and Otto by name, so at least I could start my research there.

Here's hoping that Simpson's fans will join me watching the special tonight -- TV's longest running series.

Twenty years of a series that has branded itself on America and I don't even know the names of all of the characters.

I will be there with my note pad because I want to have more to say about those playing cards the next time I babysit.


Arta

1 comment:

  1. I continually gained 'cool teacher' points when I slid in Simpson quotes as I taught. 'Dough' was a favourite of the group.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.