Sunday, January 3, 2010

Alex demonstrates Assassins II

The CBC Arts and Entertainment website said that Assassin’s Creed II is among the top 3 video games for 2009. I was showing the CBC website to Alex and he said he has the game so I sat down beside him to see what it is that makes this game one of the top selections of games to have this year.

I watched Alex virtually gallivant around Renaissance Italy, controlling the protagonist of the game, Ezio Auditore.

The assassin is bent on avenging the death of his family. There are stunning graphics of Florence, Tuscany and Venice with thousands of people who seem to be individually alive: a mason is repairing the wall of his shop, a peasant curses at you as you shove past him, there is a villa to run, new buildings to erect in town, and real Renaissance-era paintings to buy.

I may ask to borrow this game and take it with me when I move into an old folks home.

Looks like it would provide some interesting evenings of entertainment.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.