Sunday, January 24, 2010

Preparing for an emergency

Dear Family,

Just thought I would forward this simple page about how a family can prepare for an emergency.

http://www.providentliving.org/content/list/0,11664,8034-1,00.html

After the recent disaster in Haiti, I am reminded that disaster can strike any of us without warning. It is such a good idea to have a plan and a small supply of food and water on hand.

Seventy-two hours is the time it takes to mobilize emergency services.

Also of interest is the Canadian government's website about getting a 72 hour emergency plan.

http://www.getprepared.gc.ca/index-eng.aspx

Thinking of all of you.

Catherine

1 comment:

  1. This is the e-mail Catherine sent to all of us. I went into both sites to take a look and wondered how many months it would take me to get some of these ideas in place. Today I was thinking about it again and thought, if I just did one thing I have read, just one ... that would be a start.

    In London I notice that Wyona has a flashlight that works in the top side drawer of the night table in every room. Even that would be a good start at my house.

    Arta

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.