Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Food Brilliance

Here we are, just before we turn a corner to see the Manneken PisYou can see a chocolate replica of him just behind Charise.

Where ever one turns there is food on the plaza -- at this point strawberries and bananas, skewered and ready to be dipped in chocolate.

Oh, maybe a few waffles covered in whipped cream as well.

Before we even crossed the channel, Wyona slipped some Leonidas brochures in our hands while we were waiting to board the Eurostar.

"Pick out some of the flavours that you like. We will soon be visiting the Leonidas Store to pick our favorite flavours and have them ine a box. One box for you, Charise. One box for you, Alicia."

I was taken with the colour of the marzipans when we got in the store. But the creme fraiche chocolates are ones that we wanted to take away with us.

"Why ever would someone buy a package of chocolates this size", I asked Wyona when I saw a small cellophane bag among the medium and large sizes of boxed chocolates in her bag.

There is a flavour for everyone.

I had forgotten.

This flavour is for Tim.

I don't like the liqueur filled chocolates. There is no way to eat them without either having to wash your hands when you are done, or take whatever you are wearing the dry cleaners.

I think I am an expert at getting soft filling out of chocolates from years of practise when I was a child and sucking the bottom first out of Cherry Blossom chocolate bars during a movie.

And I am not bad now when soft fillings, but I am a novice with the chocolates from the liquered chocolates and so I take a pass on them. No use having to take a whole bath after one chocolate.

Just so you will know that I am not making up the fact that buying chocolates is a full morning's work, especially when every box is filled with only the flavours that you specify, I am including a picture of the coffee table at Wyona's flats.

Everyone trapped in the cholocate factory from our group bought a box of their own, as well.

I notice that Charise and Alicia are treasuring theirs, not opening them until a later date.

Wyona and I don't have that same skill and so between what we eat and what we share, our chocolates are mostly gone.

Love,

Arta

3 comments:

  1. Kelvin wondered just how you managed to get your hands and face dirtied up for the shower trip; were you unsuccesfully trying to eat the chocloate away from the liqour?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking back at the first picture of Charise and Alicia, I had to come back for a second comment: the looks onthe two girls faces were hilarious, but I couldnt help but wonder if that look on Charises face was in any way connected to her awareness of the chocolate statue she was standing in front of? Even the look of heavenly obliviousness on Alicia's face was in humourous contrast to Charise's. Brilliant photography.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.