Thursday, April 7, 2011

Best Fort Ever

fort in backyard
My kids are sooooo into building forts... in the house... in every room... with whatever they can find to "make it dark."

They are lucky. We have one fort in the backyard.

And we have lots of supplies for inside forts. Couch cushions, long sticks of dowel, all sorts of clamps, sheets, blankets, chairs... And I could go on. Sometimes the bunk bed provides the main frame. Sometimes the big toy horse and the dresser. Sometimes the couch. Sometimes the kitchen table.

fort of the week / orange sheet over top bunk

My kids love building forts.

One of my fondest fort memories involves blankets too. But not blankets you can use for sleeping. Blankets that are not yet finished being made.


When I found out Miranda and Arta were putting a quilt onto a frame this week, a flood or memories came rushing in. I have such fond memories of playing underneath quilts-in-progress in our basement as a child. How cool was that!

If I were in Calgary Miranda, I would bring my kids to your house to help you do the work of quilting, while my kids did the work of playing underneath it.

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.