Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Burtynsky on Oil

Wyona has been talking about a 2012 cruise that goes to Finland. Wanting to join her, I have been thinking about the many ways to get around the world, many of which happen for me, either in the Nickle Arts Museum, at the University of Calgary, or online.

Here is a one of them, online, that has to do with producing oil -- Burtnynsky on Oil. View this in the "End of Oil" section on this site.

Richard came over to show me some of the snapshots he has been taking as he visits the oil fields in connection with his job.

I was thinking of those photos when I was clicking through the images here, as well as remembering the small core samples that I had saved for so many years that belonged to Doral. Those were destroyed in my garage fire, but the memory of them is still clear for me.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.