Thursday, May 5, 2011

Risk / Star Wars Style

Steve, Rebecca, Alex and Duncan made a bullet trip to Calgary.

Steve leaves early June and Rebecca and the kids, early July, for London, England.

Their Easter weekend trip was composed of a day travelling from Victoria to Shuswap, then a day from the Shuswap to Calgary, one day moving boxes for Verlaine and then the reverse trip back to Vancouver.

"The worst holiday ever," said Duncan.

To alleviate  his pain 3 women agreed to play the Star War's Risk game. a game he had been begging everyone to play with him to no avail.

I hate board games.

In this case, I sat down and played until 2:30 am.

I couldn't ignore the Duncan's plaintive line "the worst holiday ever".

Bonnie, Rebecca and I were not that alert  -- but Duncan was having a great time, advancing and retreating, rolling those bones and making alliances.

"Hey, grandma, we just made an alliance and now you are taking all my men," he complained.

"Never trust the forces of evil after midnight," I replied.

It was a hard night, as you can tell by how much drinking was done.

Blessed caffeine!

I rarely drink but that kept me going that night.

I like David Doral's board game options for adults better.

He is willing to set up the game by himself, make it a 2 player game instead of 4 player, have the game be time specific (20 minutes) and play his mother's pieces when she runs around the kitchen doing other work.

Now that is the way to play Risk, at least from my point of view.


Arta

2 comments:

  1. Ha ha! "Never trust the forces of evil..." Hilarious Arta! I would play board games with you, Bonnie and Rebecca anytime. Duncan can join in too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post made me laugh. Yes, that was a memorable Easter. Duncan is a riot to play board games with. I will miss him and Alex a lot while they are in London.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.