Thursday, May 12, 2011

Want a hard boiled egg?


Get Cracking

I like an automatic email that comes to my email box from the Egg Farmers of Canada.  I thought that I knew how to hard boil an egg until I read  their latest tips.  I learned 4 new things, 3 of which I will use. 

The fourth?  Well, 75 % is good for me on this one

How I did on my self-test?
  1.  I already knew that the longer the egg has been in the fridge, the easier it is to shell.
  2. I already knew to start boiling the eggs in cold water, 1 inch above pan.
  3.  I did not know only a single layer high in the pan.
  4. I did not know, prick the end with a pin.  Now that is harder.  I don’t know if I will slow down long enough to do that.
  5. I did not know leave the eggs for 23 minutes in hot water after it comes to a boil and you take it off.  I thought it was only 5 min.
  6. I did not know that egg peels easier from long end.

Live and learn and eat eggs!

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.