Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Singing a Song is Fun to Do

On any song, as a general rule, I know the tune, but the lyrics are missing for me.

I know how to remedy that.

So one day when I heard David intone to no one really, since he was all by himself, "I have no one to talk to," I thought about that old Louis Armstrong song, "Ain't Misbehaving" with those lyrics.

I found the words on the web, memorized them as I was taking two of my early morning walks and transferred them to a cheat sheet, just in case of brain failure just at the moment when I want him to think I know all of the lyrics in the world.

"No one cares for you a smidge / when you're in an orphanage"
When I came in the door ready to do my musical magic  and teach him the song, Bonnie told me that David had watched Annie, learned the lyrics to It's A Hard Knock Life for Us" and had choreographed a dance to go with it, just as they do in the film.

Then he proceeded to perform the song by singing and spinning on the floor at the same time.

Whoops.

Looks like I have to up the ante on musical theatre if I want to keep up with David.

Arta

1 comment:

  1. I want to see David's routine next time I come out to Shuswap. When you and David go to London to visit the Westend Bonnie, invite Gabe and I along. We will pay our own way but enjoy your company.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.