Friday, February 3, 2012

Evening Scenes

I became attached to the balcony, so much so that I would come into the room and walk straight out there to enjoy the ever changing view.  I found myself leaning over the rail of the baloney with my camera many times.

I liked seeing the hands and the cameras of the people below and to the side of me, all leaning over as I was, tryng to take a shot that would help them remember the moments of leaving or entering a port.

As well, I found myself out there when I couldn't see anyone else to the side or below me.  I liked the night time especially.

What is it that is so mesmerizing about sitting at night and watching the cars go over a bridge, or hearing the water lap against the side of the ship?

When the sun was not giving a brilliant orange sunset, still its light was laying across the water in ways that I wanted to remember.

Previously, I thought that shadows on the water or rainbows in the sky weren't real, since you can't pick them up with your hands.  Therefore, I didn't think you could really capture them with a camera. 

I don't know when the penny dropped on these travels, but it did and a new world of shadow and light and colour opened up for me.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.