Sunday, August 19, 2018

Lost Belly Pouch

Having only 300 more steps to go on my Fitbit, I took a walk up to the main stage at the Roots and Blues Musica Festival last night just as the dusk as falling. I left my fanny pack on the chair beside Rebecca, thinking I would be back in less than 5 minutes.

 I got interested in a trio of string players who would break from their music to do an acapella trio and then take to their fiddles and bass again. And that lead to listening to a quartet from Horsefly, B.C. – their music a cross between spirituals and Tennessee folk music. When I got back to my chair, yes, the fanny pack was gone. I retraced my steps, then took the journey to find a volunteer so that I could find the lost and found.

In the meantime I thought about what I was carrying: my meds, a lot of cash (for the merchandise tent at the Festival), 2 credit cards and my government ID. My phone wasn’t even on the list of worries, for I can buy a phone in an instant. But the government ID?

I have to go back to Alberta for that and I am not quite ready to return yet.

I was somewhat resigned and thinking a bit about the work to replace all of that.  Since I measure all loss from one to 10, 10 being dead, the loss was minimized for me.

Bonnie and her friend Shonna-Lee were walk toward me as I reached the Lost and Found tent. Under her arm was my fanny-pack.
LtoR: Shonna-Lee, Arta, Bonnie

Loving the signs at the Festival Washrooms.  

As well, the smoke filled air is just how 
things are in Salmon Arm right now.

“No one was at the chairs and I thought I would take care of this for you.”

“Thank you for thinking of its safety. And thank you for the best rush of endorphins I have had today.”

Finding my stuff?

A good day.

Being at the Festival?

The best day ever.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.