Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Studying the Rules

Alice with her Monopoly money spread before her.
I didn’t think I would be spending the late evenings of my fall studying the rules of Monopoly Rules.

I didn’t bring much of the past with me, obviously, since there doesn’t seem to be that much carry over from when I was a child until now, knowing what move to make next. as far as the way to play goes. I am sure that the rules of Monopoly haven’t changed.

They just are something that my long-term memory didn’t hang onto.

So I have been looking at what it is that lands a person in jail, how a person can get out of jail, how much houses and hotels cost and how to buy them, and as well as how to purchase properties that can lead to the development of wealth.

Rolling triple doubles can put a person in jail. How hard do you think Michael laughed when my triple doubles sent me to jail, and not let me pass Go on the way there and thus loose my earnings of $200 for the round.
"Grandmother, if you want I will just give you
this get out of jail card for free.  I know how
awful it must be for you to be in jail."


"No I will pay for it, Alice.  You don't know it, but 
down the line you are going to be needing that money."

"
Alice bailed me out. She let me buy her “get out of jail free” card.

How sweet was that!

We played all morning, until I had to leave at about 11 am.

When I went over at 9 am to ask them if they wanted to continue the Monopoly game that we had been playing at my house the day before,  Michael said, “We have to ask mom since we are in big trouble.

“What kind of trouble are you in?, I asked when I got them over to my house.

 “Oh, yesterday when you weren’t home, we went into  your house and played with Sumin and Sumarga without telling mom”

“Ah,” I said. “I knew you weren’t over at the downstairs part of my house for there was no mess that you left.”

“Well, what happened was, Betty and Alice blabbed and that is how we got busted.”

I didn’t think I wanted to know anymore.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.