Thursday, December 20, 2018

Shells

I have been in Aylmer, PQ with Mary. This morning she was dressed-up ready to go to a party at work. The dress was more flowery than I usually see on her.  About 10 times more motion going on in the pattern of that dress, than in her usual colour -- black.  I asked her about it and she said that a woman at work who is also curvaceous, when Mary asked her to go shopping with her, said, "Oh just go online. "  Then the friend opened up a computer page, pointed to a dress, said buy this one, Mary did it, and that was the end of their shopping trip.

But this turned out to be a dress beyond Mary's wildest imagination. 

She loves it -- the cut, large flowers and all.  I looked at it and thought, there is no way any of my personal jewellery is going to look good on that dress.

But I remembered a necklace that Leo brought back from Africa that I thought would work on it.

Mary said absolutely not.  I told her yes, that jewellery will tone down the dress.

She laughed and tried it on to appease me.  

I begged her to keep it on, at least until one person at work commented on it.

Mary sent me a selflie.

She said that she could only take the picture from the neck down.  She tried a picture with her face in it, but she didn't' recognize her own face so here is a picture of the necklace and the dress, at least!

Arta

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Mary. What a great comment. Yes. I know about not recognizing one's own face in the mirror. I am reminded of a time when I went from long hair to cropped and coloured, and I kept thinking I was seeing Rebecca next to me each time I walked past a window and saw my reflection.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.