Friday, December 24, 2010

Watching Barcelona Go By

Place de Catalunya
I was to meet Joaquim, Bonnie and the three little children after their trip to the acquarium and my trip on the Hop-On Hop-Off bus. The meeting place was Place de Cataluyna, and in particular I was to be in the department store at the corner of this square, at the place where scarves and purses are sold. This is a dangerous place for me to wait, but not in this case. The beautiful black leather purses were 200 to 300 euros or more each and the price of the scarves hovered around 60 euros. When I was topped up with that wonderful smell of new leather, and have looked at the fringing technique on all of the scarves, I began to watch the people go by.

We were to meet at 7 pm and go home. I was early, I had more than enough time to window shop, touch every bag that was of interest to me, and then to watch the crowds as they came down the 10 marble stairs and into the main area of the store. I watched singles who had also agreed to meet there, find each other and kiss as they greeted each other. Little families entered, one child in a stroller and another held by the other parent. One expensive buggy bouncing on springs was a fire truck orange colour.

¨They may loose the baby, but they will always be able to find that buggy,¨ I thought. Older couples walked down the stairs, steading each other, seemingly joined both at their clasped hands and at their shoulders.

Lucky me. I stood there and got to watch Barcelona walk by me.

Arta

1 comment:

  1. I know where the closest bathroom is to the Hop on Hop off bus stop. It is on the second floor at the back. It doesn't take long to use it and then run for the next Hop on Hop off Bus!

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.