Thursday, December 2, 2010

A Gourmet Breakfast

I wrote the following to Mary:

Subject: Hello little Miss-Buffalo-Sausage-Bread-Publisher

Yes, I looked at the bread recipe that you put on the blog, to see if I could make that bread without ruining it by putting all of that wild meat in it. The bread did look interesting with those items (cranberries, peacans, walnuts, ground ginger, pumpkin pie spice) and the coffee undertone. But I just can't make it.  I have residual bad feelings about 18 years of eating all of that wild game when I was young.

Mary wrote back to me:

The bread is not for the weak of heart. So many flavours. I liked it. Leo liked it less. I think the key is thin slices (not fat like banana bread). The restaurant that invented it serves it thinly sliced and toasted with an egg on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.