Monday, December 6, 2010

Blogging for movie lovers


Fire escape on New Cavendish Road
          Writing Biopics
(writingbiopics.blogspot.com)

Above is the address of a blog about my movie course -- a choice, since I had the opportunity to turn my movie journal writing into the teacher for marking or put it up on the blog.  I chose the excitement of blogging.

Strictly my course is about movie biographies, but there is no strictly when it comes to the movies. I slip into other genres for there is so much genre cross over -- is this a drama, a road film, sci-fi, a chick-flick, a screw-ball comedy, a tragedy, an action film, a combination of two or more genres?

Right now Rebecca and I are talking about The Diaries of Knud Rassmussen.  I have only seen the youtube clip, but am going to rent the whole film and take a close look at in.

Last week I went to see Sons of Perdition (2010).  I am like a lemming going to the sea.  I can't resist taking a look at some bit of theory when it seems to be going wrong, so on a cold night I walked over to the university where "Movies That Matter" were showing that film.   Out on the other blog, wait a while if you are looking for a critique of that film. If not, join the movie lovers in the family now and tell us what you have been seeing.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.