Friday, December 31, 2010

Two Rounds on the Hop-On / Off

I took the Barcelona Tourist Bus alone one and did both the red and the green route. Yesterday Bonnie and I did the same route together, but it was the red route that had interested me. Wyona has taught me the art of tourist buses:

1. Go to the top deck and make your way to the front as people leave. There is a nice wind guard behind the front panel and a wonderful view there as well

2. Take multiple layers of clothing – sweaters, scarves, light and heavy weight blankets, hats and gloves. At some point you will be putting all of these on and taking them off, as well.

3. Find the English channel on the headset and plugged in for the recorded tour

4. One circle of the tour bus is not enough. Stay for at least two rounds, even if the whole circle of the tour is over 2 hours long.

5. Bring your own food. I am good for 24 hours without food – not because I want to go without food, but because I am entranced by everything else going on and I have no interest in food or forget to eat.

My favorite line from the tour text was that in this season of the year one should try to join in with other Catelonians as they eat and drink traditional foods. ¨Look for cannelloni, wine, turones, and a wafer’like biscuit on Christmas Day.¨ Then I thought back to Christmas Day with Joaquim´´s family and could see that I had been deep in the middle of old traditions without knowing recognizing the significance of what was happening..

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.