Thursday, April 30, 2015

National Museum of Women in the Arts -- Washington, D.C.


Elizabeth Forbes
I was lucky enough to go to Washington, D.C. for a meeting yesterday.  It was a fly in, fly out day.  I knew I would have a short window of about 2 hours to explore the city before my evening flight.  Rebecca recommended the National Museum of Women in the Arts -- the only museum in the world dedicated solely to women artists.  It was great.  And not too, too big, so  perfect way to spend an hour before I caught my flight.  
 
There was even a piece by a Canadian -- Elizabeth Forbes
  
 

 
Remedios Varos

 
 
 
 
 
 
And I found a new favourite artist – Remedios Varos, a surrealist painter from Spain 
 
 




The museum is not one of the free Smithsonian museums, but with a meager $10 entrance fee, it was a steal.  They also give you an envelope of prints from a variety of pieces on display for you to take home as a gift.  How nice is that?  I looked at then all and read the backs but returned them to the front desk on my way out for another viewer to enjoy.  It was a hard things to do, but I am trying to scale back on the amount of "stuff" I have in my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.