Monday, April 30, 2018

Costco, Hawaii Style

Just taking a few minutes to write about what is happening here. We caught our WestJet planes as planned.While we were at the gate we repacked one carry on so we could check it under the plane. We arrived at the hotel a couple of hours earlier than check in but they let us into our room and we unpacked while the lady was cleaning our room, washing and changing the sheets. We left and did a walk around Waikiki, went to a market, happened to go by 'Cheesecake Factory' which called our name so we ate there.

When checking what I had unpacked I could not find my pills. Making a long story short, somewhere in transit including my bedroom, my pills did not arrive. Thought I might get away with over the counter stuff but last night was feeling not so good so today I went to the walking clinic and got four prescriptions for medication so I don't hurt and so my heart keeps beating.

The day after we arrived we had to be out of our 12th floor room by 8:15 a.m. because the generator was being changed; minimum 6 hour job. So we left we my walker, took the city bus to Aloha Stadium where there is a huge outdoor market. I used the walker to walk and then when I stopped to shop, Greg found a shady place, sat in the walker and waited for me.

He likes the walker for sitting.
... food court in Hawaii ...

We never returned home until 8 p.m. because the bus happened to go by Costco so we got off and had supper at Costco.

Costco has so many kinds of Macadamia nuts but we could only buy what we could carry.

Today we took long ride up the coast, 2 hours, but never saw the coast, but did see Hawaii.

What is surprising all the time is I am expecting to see a Foreign Country and I see Walmart, Home Depot, Costco, Walgreens, CVS...all the stuff we see in Texas or at home.

What happened to the Foreign Part?

Tomorrow we are taking a two hour bus ride to the North Shore.

This time we go through the mountains. I can see why people get Hawaii fever and keep coming back. There is no culture shock to be had, maybe American Shock but it is quite like home but you have to fly over the ocean to get here. Hawaii did not become a State until 1959.

Just one more Macadamia Nut Shortbread cookie before I go to bed.

Love,

Wyona

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.