Sunday, September 19, 2021

Do-ing. The mundane work of a Sunday.

 An interesting day.  Full of things but totally un-spectacular.


I started the day with a pre-sunrise trip to the shooting range.  I shot 100, 200, and 300 yard targets.  The first rounds of shots told me that my bullets hit high.  So the second round of bullets I sent down range landed very close to the center.  (when aiming at the bottom edge of the paper...).








If you notice, in one picture, we had to stop shooting because white tail deer had walked out onto the range.  Just when you have all of your rules memorized, such as that white tail always run away when they see someone, you end up putting douzens of bullets down at where white tail are and they won't move out of the way.  Maybe they've taken so much hearing damage from living on the range that they don't hear the sounds....  




Then home for a quick clean up, deciding which of the mattresses to take to the dump, deciding which children are in most need of 1 on 1 time with a parent, and moving into position to get those things to the dump.  On the way,



GARAGE SALE!  I cannot help myself.  At the garage sale, 4 book shelves full of titles with Gloria Steinem, and other titles that attract my attention.  Here is a picture of the books that I decided to buy.  I probably could have taken the lot.  I couldn't afford it though.  This was the best garage sale I've been to.  I have been to hundreds.



While picking books, Alice decided to make friends with a local dirty alley cat.  




Then to the dump, I let Alice have the camera because she isn't allowed out of the car while at the dump.  At least I think that's the rule for little children.




Then back home, A day of Do-ing.  Nothing interesting.  But all wonderfully mundane work of living.

And here's a Foxy Tail that someone needs to be wearing around all day...




And here's a picture of three wonderful scoundrels.  That's a long time knowing each other...





And here's a link to the videos that I took at the Capitol Hill and Banff Trail Community center events where they brought in Indigenous people to share.  Capitol Hill Events were with a nice woman from Treaty 6 Saskatchewan who lives in Treaty 7 now.  Banff Trail Community Event was a small Pow Wow with people from the Tsutsina Nation.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/sZ8i1RQEAdARS2qD6


I think that's enough sharing for the day.  Oh, here's another one!  Leapin' Lizards!  Leapin' Lizards!  Guess what we're watching before bedtime... on VHS from the garage sale...




4 comments:

  1. OMG.... there was a WONDERWOMAN book at that Garage Sale?

    ReplyDelete
  2. and thanks for sharing the videos! Those were great to watch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the videos of dancing where I could see your kids sitting close by watching -- so interested and engaged.

    Leapin' Lizards... the best.

    What a great post of the random awesomeness of a Sunday. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the movie Annie - so glad you watched it with your children.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.