Thursday, September 9, 2021

Writing a blog post

For weeks now, I've been thinking about "putting something up on the blog." I've taken photos here and there -- reminders of things I can blog about from my life.  

I used to delay writing, delay writing, delay writing -- then one day I would suddenly just post 3 of 4 blogs.  That's that.  I'm caught up.  There you go Arta.  I did it for you.

But right now, my heart just hurts so much when I think about this blog, this amazing space where we share our lives. I don't want it to make me sad.  It is a repository of amazing moments from our past. A joyful place.

What makes those moments amazing and joyful?  It's not that they were life changing, transformative, full of wisdom.  They are mostly just the mundane, ordinary to-ing and from-ing of our living days.  What makes them special is that we share them with each other.

And so, even if Arta isn't here, reading the posts I always wrote just for her, I know there are others out there, reading this blog.  People I love so deeply.  And even if they aren't reading, that's OK too (but not really).

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I told Miranda that I post for myself. Then as a secondary I post to offer my vulnerability to her, my sisters, my brothers. Everyone else can read but I don't care about them. I post to rebuild the bridges to my loved ones because I lost some of those bridges. Turns out Arta was helping me with that and now it's my job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Xo. Except i opened this in a break during class time. Then had to close it to maintain composure... Darn your articulation of my grief and happiness!

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.