Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Hello All, a little news to add to Miranda's

Hi all! Wow this is a great way to keep in touch with extended family. I really miss that I don't see you all as much as I did when I used to spend whole summer out at the lake.

Brandon and I are doing very well. Our lives are extremely busy right now and about to get a whole lot buisier. For those of you who might not know we are having a baby boy at the end of March. We are super excited about that. We are both working. Brandon is a structural engineer working in the marine field and the Puget Sound Naval Shipyard and I am at a small engineering firm doing marine mechanical engineering. We just got new callings in our ward here in Bremerton. We are now early morning seminary teachers. We are really excited about it but also nervous about planning lessons everyday and getting to our 6 in the morning classes everyday. It will be interesting. We are attending next week to get a feel of how the class goes and then start on Nov. 30. CRAZY! It will be interesting to see what happens when this baby comes.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the impending arrival, very excited for you! Sounds like you ae superbusy between work and ward duties!

    Get us Brandon's email and I can send him an invite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Des,

    I am not good at posting a comment, being a newbie to blogging. So to type is not enought. Hitting that "post a comment" button has to be the key to telling you, for me, congratulations on the impending arrival, and on teaching seminary -- a church job I never had. Lucky you. What is the course material? My favorite place has always been The Old Testament.

    Love,

    Arta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Arta the hardest book is your favorite. It does have some awesome stories but it can be so hard to follow along sometimes. The material is the B of M. which is probably a good book to start off with. We went for the 2nd time this morning to observe or get familiar with the class. The students are really good so that is pretty sweet.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.