Thursday, February 10, 2011

In an hour or less ...

The tiniest beads are connectors
I need tiny connector beads to slip between the larger beads Mary makes when I go back to Sassy Bead next week.

She slipped down to her beading studio tonight to see how many connector beads she could make in less than an hour.

The simple, black connector beads were costing me $.25 a piece at Sassy Bead.

Mary said, "Let's see if they cost that when I make them."

The math goes like this.
Chatting and making beads

Say she is worth $30 an hour and the tube of glass is $1.50 plus tax.

She made 8 connector beads in an hour.

The cost (exluding the propane, the use of the equipment, and the labour of the person who will clean them up tomorrow) is $31.50.

Doesn't that come out to a little less than $4 per connector bead.

I will wait until I clean them up tomorrow to see if they are more or less beautiful than the ones for $.25 a piece.

Mary says she is making the beads to give away.  I say not one of them is leaving this house.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.