Friday, February 4, 2011

Hello from Rhiannon Brooks

Rhiannon
When I went down on the floor to take a picture of Rhiannon this morning, I had forgotten that she has an early-morning attachment to this soother.

It is not that she needs to take it out of her mouth, because she has clear articulation while it hangs between her lips and she tells us what she wants.
In fact she has an all day attachment to soothers in general.  I hear her parents whisper to each other ... when these are lost, that is the end of this.

Sometimes I see Rhiannon carry around a small purse with handles.

Inside the purse is only soothers. Her supply will last for the whole year.  They will have to resort to subterfuge if they want to see the end of the soothers.

Naomi played hide and seek with her today, first hiding purple post-it-notes around the house, and then leading Rhiannon around the house to the places where she could find them, giving her rounds of cheers when Rhiannon could see what Naomi was pointing to.

Here you see Rhiannon after a round of pizza as well.

She is looking at Xavier's knute, Flame.

She would rather have been holding him in her hands, but to preserve the newt's life while she is present, they put him on a paper flower for her.

Arta

1 comment:

  1. Teague hid my last soother when I was 2 1/2. My parents found it when we moved a couple of years later. I still miss that soother (sniff).

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.