Monday, January 14, 2013

The Magistrate


Photograph: Tristram Kenton for the Guardian
Joshua McGuire as Cis Farringdon
and John Lithgow as Posket
Rebecca is the one who alerted me to the fact that National Theatre's play, The Magistrate, may be coming in HD Live this Thursday to a theatre near you. It is only going to be near to me because I came in from the Shuswap last night.  I asked at the Salamar Classic if they would be showing it, when I went to see Anna Karinina with Moiya and Janet on Saturday night.  They said that they show the HD Live Ballet and the Opera, but that they can't get a theatre crowd out, at least not more than 7, so London's National Theatre doesn't make it that far.

It does, however, get to Calgary and is showing at Scotia Centre and Crowfoot.   I don't know anything about the play. I went out to take a look at a review in the London Times. A pithier article written by John Lithgow, one of the stars in the play, can be found in the New York Times.

As Rebecca said to me about the show, I say to you: "I am not missing it."

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.