Sunday, February 7, 2016

Banking in Fragrance

We stopped at the TD bank. When I got out of the car I was overwhelmed with a floral fragrance. If all things were equal, I would move to Victoria. I want to be able to afford the house across the street from Steve and Rebecca. What holds me back is knowing that if I came, I would also need to bring a gardener to mow the lawns and prune the bushes. Why wouldn’t someone want to live here? The air is redolent with fragrance in February and I can’t tell where it is coming from.”

Rebecca bent down to pick the tiniest flower from an innocuous low shrub and showed me a small blossom, powerful enough to fill the parking lot.

One of nature’s uncommodified gifts.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.